1. Elegantissima The Design and Typography of Louise Fili Louise Fili, papress.com, an inspirational book by book cover designer Louise Fili.
2. Sign Painters, Faythe Levine and Sam Macon, Princeton Architectural Press, documentarians Levine and Macon highlight the almost forgotten skilled world of sign painters
3. Type by Mike Perry, Chronicle Books, a set of 200 wall decals loaded with illustrated letters created by a master of hand-drawn typography, Mike Perry.
4. My Beautiful Life, My Autobiography in Drawings, Chronicle Books, a sketchbook which invites users to record their life story.
5. The Disappearance of Darkness, Photography at the End of the Analog Era Robert Burley, photographer Robert Burley travels the world documenting the abandonment and destruction of film-based photography
6. Brooklyn Makers Food, Design, Craft, and Other Scenes from the Tactile Life Jennifer Causey, a look at a community thriving in the making industry.
7. Drawing Techniques by Peter Jenny, Princeton Architectural Press. From a series of small primers on drawing encouraging readers not only to pick up a pen and start drawing, but to see the world that surrounds them with fresh eyes.
8. Mastering the Art of Fabric Printing and Design, Chronicle Books, Techniques, Tutorials, and Inspiration by Laurie Wisbrun
9. Woodcut, Brian Nash, Chronicle Books, a book on the beauty and detailed prints of woodcuts—cross sections through trees.
Books for Making
10. Super-Scary Mochi Mochi, Potter Craft, the book teaches how to make Mochi Mochi scary style.
11. Burda Style Sewing Handbook, Potter Craft, a perfect handbook for the new sewer.
12. Knot, Thread, Stitch by Lisa Solomon, a modern, experimental, and creative approach to thread and embroidery projects
13. Art Lab for Kids, Susan Schwake, a refreshing source of ideas for creating fine art with children, Art Lab for Kids encourages the artist's own voice, marks and style.
14. Geek Mom, Potter Craft, explores the many fun and interesting ways that digital-age parents and kids can get their geek on together.
15. Book of Socks, Potter Craft, a great book for the seasoned knitter on how to make all types of socks
16. Creative Thursday, Everyday Inspiration to Grow Your Creative Practice, Marisa Anne, a book to help you grown and be inspired as an artist
17. Noni Flowers, Potter Craft, a collection of beautiful designs and essential techniques for knitters
18. Martha Stewart's Holiday Crafts, Potter Craft, a collection of holiday crafts from Martha Stewart
Stay tuned for Part 2!
See other holiday gift guide picks here!