It's that time of year where we go back in time and look at the year that was. This year we narrowed things down to just ten that were most inspiring or present here on the blog. From trends that are heading out to ones that are coming in, here are our picks for 2013's Most Influential. Read back on past posts here from previous years, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. Which are your faves, which are not, what did I miss? Can you believe this is our 9th year in posting these?
Iridescence! That surface that appears to change color as the angle of view or the angle of illumination changes. It's pretty to look at, it sparkles, it illuminates! (Clockwise):
1. A beautiful glaze from Object and Totem
2. Zoe Dragonfly shoes
3. Pink tiles | Kilkk (Photo: Line Falck)
4. Strand of cobalt blue titanium agate crystal
5. Bathroom tile and shower at the Cosmopolitan Las Vegas | Muy Yum
1. A pretty rosebud iced cake | Toshiko Uchino
2. Created by @annariflebond and @emersinmerrick
3. Jasmine Cake for Mother's Day / Yue Cheong
4. Fishs Eddy - House Of Brinson
5. DIY | Repurposed Plant Stand End Table | Smile and Wave
6. Floral Portable Turntable
7. Floral headboard via Country Style Magazine
8. Felt Garland | A Subtle Revelry
9.Flower Garland | Oh Joy
3. THE SMEG
The cutest fridge on earth has made it into many homes across North America finally (and into our hearts).
1. Red + Smeg = Love
2. magnus selander photography.
3. The Kuotes
4. INSTAGRAM PRINTS
5. ACCORDIAN LIGHTING
1. Nicki Kehoe Interiors
2. Nicki Kehoe Interiors
3. Toast SS13
1. DIY Faux Marble Table Top
1. Inside Out Magazine (Stylist Jessica Hanson and shot by photographer Sam McAdam-Cooper)
2. Inside Out Magazine (Stylist Jessica Hanson and shot by photographer Sam McAdam-Cooper)
3. Real Living Magazine (Photography Chris Warnes | Styling Sarah Ellison)
1. House Beautiful (Amy Nuensinger)
2. Jordens. se
3. Etch Shade Brass, Tom Dixon
1. Chatelaine Summer Living
10. NORDIC STYLE
1. Hitta Hem
3. The home of By Nord owners, Hanne and Søren Berzant via The Guardian.
Read back on past posts here from previous years, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.