|Enjoying the outdoor space at Livingspace|
IDSWest celebrates it's 10th year this Sept, and the preview we attended Wednesday night showed why it's been the premier design event in our fair city for a full decade. Great location (Livingspace), great promise for the event, and great people. Some of the highlights to expect this year:
- Bertjn Pot, who brought us the Random Light, will be presenting his new Prop Light, which was recently launched at The Salone del Mobile in Milan
- A group of Brooklyn based designers including Asher Israelow, and a rep of Volk Furniture will attend
- A new feature this year is The Process that gives a unique insight into the design process that follows real design projects through all stages of the work. The projects will be documented and screened online and will be presented as a physical exhibit at this years event. IDSwest announced the pairing of Andrea McLean with Bottega S.p.A. of Italy, for the first season of Process.
- The "Poppytalk Curated" at The District area where we will be highlighting great design and artists in a cash and carry neighbourhood where attendees can take home good design.
- New also this year is Prototype, where the attendees this year will have a chance to see before-market design of some of the best and brightest. Students will have an opportunity to present their creativity, and experienced designers will be able to present their designs to an incredible jury made up of Brent Comber, Omer Arbel, and Bertjn Pot.
- The GRAY Conversation Stage - hosted by the design magazine - will provide a venue to hear creative minds in a live venue
|Clockwise: Forest and Waves , Heydey Design and Dahlhaus will be a few of the selected vendors at "Poppytalk Curated" at the District|
|Adorable planter from IDSwest Ambassadors Dylan Lynch and Joe Gibson of Revolution Design House, a Portland based design studio and maker of the highly sought after Boxcar Planter.|
|Dear Human tiles juried into the Prototype platform (Photo from instagram.com/dear_human)|
|Pet Trailer - Straightline Designs|
IDSwest will run Sept 25-28, 2014 at the Vancouver Convention Centre. Follow them online:
Website: - IDSWest.com
Facebook - facebook.com/IDSwest
Twitter - twitter.com/IDSwest
Instagram - @IDSwest
Pinterest - pinterest.com/idswest