Bringing back another "Best Of" post today, this time Blackberry Coconut Popsicles with Greek Yogurt by Lyndsay Sung of Coco Cake Land . Originally posted last July, this recipe is right on track with all the blackberries starting to ripen here. Yum!
Tough to beat freshly picked summer berries, ripe and bursting with flavour, a reward for sweating it out in the sun plucking the delicate sweet gems. I always like to consider a singular berry very carefully - they disappear into a mouth so quickly, but their tininess still took a long time to grow. Magic.
Another summer fave? Popsicles of course! With the proliferation of ice pop molds in dollar stores and fancy online shops, there's no need to go without making your own! Literally the easiest dessert you'll ever make. It's such a treat to have a collection of frozen popsicles at the ready on a blazing hot day. A little mixing, a little freezing and then instant creamy blackberry coconut refreshment!
Blackberry Coconut Milk Popsicles with Greek Yogurt
Yields 10 Popsicles
1 cup of fresh blackberries
1/8 cup granulated sugar
11/4 cups full fat coconut milk
1 cup of honey greek yogurt
10 teaspoons of blackberry preserves
1. Roughly chop your blackberries.
2. In a small bowl, coat the blackberries in the sugar and let sit for 20 minutes to macerate.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the berries, coconut milk and yogurt.
4. Pour the mixture 3/4 full into your popsicle molds.
5. Using a teaspoon, add 1/2 teaspoon of blackberry preserves into each mold, swirling slightly.
6. Freeze popsicles for 6 hours and bite into summery frozen bliss!
Lyndsay Sung is a baker and blogger at Coco Cake Land. She loves super cute cakes, sweet design and snacks. She lives in Vancouver, Canada with her husband and toddler son.