Can we just fast forward a little bit, and dream it's summer? Yes those lazy, hazy days. Remember them? We can't wait and also couldn't hold back in sharing a few sneak peeks of IKEA's upcoming summer collection coming in March 2016.
This year IKEA thinks summer should be all about expanding the home and seeing your surroundings through new eyes, regardless if you live in the city or in the countryside. So instead of just focusing on the balcony or the patio, how about uncovering new kinds of outdoor rooms? Spaces in your backyard, neighborhood or local beach, just waiting to be transformed into the perfect spot for hosting a picnic or just catching up on some reading. Let's take a look!
Tip # 1
Hang pendant lighting from the sky (or tree). Tie a cord between two trees (or even use a backyard clothesline) and hang pendant lighting over an outdoor table.
1. IKEA PS VÅGÖ easy chair now comes in blue
2. There's a cool fire basket called the BROKÖ
3.KLASEN charcoal barbecue with a stainless steel frame.
4. The SOMMAR 2016 blue glasses
5. The SOMMAR indigo-style cushions.
SOLVINDEN series. LED solar-powered lights
6. Pendant lamps
7. Light chains in both globes and flowers.
Create the ultimate block party complete with rugs, lounge chairs, pendant lighting and lots of floor cushions.
8. SOLVINDEN LED solar-powered pendant lamps in (Blue/white Red/white),
9. SOMMAR 2016 fabric (Blue/stripe)
A tiny balcony can be big on both comfort and privacy. By going overboard on textiles and using a lounge-friendly beanbag, it’s easy to blur the lines between inside and out. Flower boxes add a touch of greenery, while a tray of coffee extends the morning peace.
Above three images:
10. BUSSAN beanbag, in/outdoor
11. MALISEN cushion
12. NATTLJUS cushion cover
13. KULLADAL cushion cover
14. GURLI cushion cover
15. VÅRGYLLEN cushion cover
16. SOCKER plant pot with holder
Create a rooftop chill-out zone with modular seating and we love this banner made from various rectangular cuts of indigo fabric.
17. ÄPPLARÖ series. 3-seat sofa, outdoors (including HÅLLÖ beige seat and back cushions), bench and table.
18. BORRBY lanterns for block candle.
19. SOMMAR 2016 fabric (striped)
20. ÄPPLARÖ/KLASEN series. Storage cabinet, top shelf for underframe
21. Charcoal barbecue and wood frame
Create a handy utensil rack by hanging a large branch with rope.
Take picnics in the park to a whole new level by marking your spot with more than a blanket. We love these ribbons draped over a large tree branch, creating a little shade and cozy spot to dine in. A small bench makes the perfect table, while cushions give hours of lounging.
Above three images:
22. DOFTRANKA cushion cover
23. TULPANTRÄD cushion
24. FLÖNG cushion cover
25. GURLI cushion cover
26. VÄSTERÖN bench or stool
Bring summer wherever you go. A few essentials are all you need when hitting the beach or joining some friends for a picnic —like a cooler bag with some snacks, a towel, a foldable beach chair, a parasol, a portable grill.
(Above two images)
27. MYSINGSÖ foldable beach chair
28. SOMMAR 2016 series. Cooler bag, Beach towel and Beach bag
29. KORPÖN portable charcoal barbecue
30. SOCKER bucket/plant pot,
31. ROTERA lantern for tealight
32. BORRBY lantern for block candle
33. BYHOLMA chest
A stairwell makes the perfect spot for a special show. Cover in fabric, cushions, candles and you're set!
34. SOMMAR 2016 series. Frabric, pillows, Disposable mugs, Paper plates, Paper napkins
We love this idea of turning a city dock into a little patio with the help of easy to carry foldable loungers. (And that hammock below is definitely going on our must-have list)!
(Above and left images)
35. HÅLLÖ sun lounger
36. SOMMAR 2016 beach towel
37. RISÖ hammock
Make a cabanna! You don't need an expensive tent to create your own cabana. Create the look with a variety of different bolts of fabric, beach towels, long branches and rope!
38. MYSINGSÖ beach chair, foldable
39. SOMMAR 2016 series. Cushion cover and Cooler bag
41. SOMMAR 2016 series. Cushion cover and Beach towel
42. SOMMAR 2016 fabric and cushion covers
44. SOMMAR 2016 cooler bag.
So now are you ready for summer? All summer items will be available in March 2016.